In the 1960s, former Soviet Union scientists led by Dr. Israel Brekhman knew they were on to something special with the discovery and study of Adaptogens (1). As a result, they recommended Adaptogens and Adaptogenic blends to all the country’s professional and Olympic athletes to improve their training, optimize their mental and physical performance, and speed recovery.
After the word was out concerning Adaptogens, Dr. Brekhman brought his scientific research expertise overseas to the Western hemisphere. Because of Dr. Brekhman’s knowledge, scientists in the United States learned how to create a potent Adaptogen cocktail. A variation of this cocktail can be found in Ionix® Supreme that Isagenix users utilize every day.
Ionix Supreme contains a carefully selected combination of Adaptogens that include well-studied plants such as ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), bacopa (Bacopa monnieri), eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus), and rhodiola (rhodiola rosea).
As an integral part of an Isagenix lifestyle, Ionix Supreme lives up to its name by helping your body adapt to life’s stresses. But these life stresses can mean different things for different people, which is why we’ve put together these tips on when to best use Ionix Supreme depending on your situation.
Adapt in the Morning
Have problems getting up and going in the morning? Upon waking, reach for a shot of Ionix Supreme. Or, if you prefer, add either liquid or powered Ionix Supreme to hot water and consume as an herbal tea. You could even include it in your IsaLean® or IsaLean PRO Shake. Whichever way you consume it, the drink will help you move forward with the rest of your day.
Adapt to Your Workout
Isagenix has another Adaptogen product entirely devoted to kick-starting your workout. E+™ is an energy shot with a moderate dose of natural caffeine from green tea and yerba mate. But if you’re not the type who loves to train on a caffeinated buzz, Ionix Supreme can work for you. Research suggests that eleuthero and rhodiola found in Ionix Supreme lead to significant improvements in athletic performance (2, 3).
Post-Workout Adaptive Recovery
If you’re satisfied with taking e+ as a pre-workout, you can still use Ionix Supreme after your workout for recovery. After all, what you’re looking for from your workout is straight-up adaptation. Adaptogens are demonstrated in studies to support athletic recovery through beneficial effects on the immune system and on reducing oxidative stress (4, 5). Ionix Supreme also helps replenish glycogen stores with its content of natural molasses.
Acclimatize to Cleanse Days
Ionix Supreme makes for a cherished Cleanse Day companion—one that helps you settle in to your change of routine. When taken alongside Cleanse for Life® on these days, Ionix Supreme’s rich content of Adaptogens can bolster the body’s natural process of detoxification (6-10). Take up to two ounces of Ionix Supreme on Cleanse Days for best results.
Bedtime Adaptive Restoration
Bedtime is when you allow your mind and body to recuperate and regenerate—so it should not be a surprise that Adaptogens taken in the evening could help you make the most of your sleeping time. Adaptogens have been proven to help with improving sleep quality (11).
Adapt to Life
The benefits of Ionix Supreme can be enjoyed any time of the day, so it’s really up to you to decide when the best time is to take it. That’s just how Adaptogens work – they function to “normalize” and allow you to adapt your own unique biochemistry and physiology to a variety of life situations (1). No matter how you prefer to take it, there is a time when Ionix Supreme is right for you.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Effects of Adaptogens on the central nervous system and the molecular mechanisms associated with their stress-protective activity. Pharmaceuticals 2010; 3: 188-224.
- Kuo J, Chen KW, Cheng IS, et al. The effect of eight weeks of supplementation with Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance capacity and metabolism in human. Chin J Physiol 2010;53:105-11.
- De Bock K, Eijnde BO, Ramaekers M et al. Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can improve endurance exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2004;14:298–307.
- Ahmed M, Henson DA, Sanderson MC et al. Rhodiola rosea exerts antiviral activity in athletes following a competitive marathon race. Front Nutr 2015; 2:24.
- Panossian A, Wagner H. Stimulating effect of Adaptogens: an overview with particular reference to their efficacy following single dose administration. Phytother Res 2005;19:819-38.
- Schriner SE, Avanesian A, Liu Y et al. Protection of human cultured cells against oxidative stress by Rhodiola rosea without activation of antioxidant defenses. Free Radic Biol Med 2009;47:577-84.
- Schriner SE, Abrahamyan A, Avanessian A et al. Decreased mitochondrial superoxide levels and enhanced protection against paraquat in Drosophila melanogaster supplemented with Rhodiola rosea. Free Radic Res 2009; 43:836-43.
- Rai D Bhatia G, Palit G et al. Adaptogenic effect of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi). Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2003;75:823-30.
- Bhattacharya SK, Muruganandam AV. Adaptogenic activity of Withania somnifera: an experimental study using a rat model of chronic stress. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2003;75:547-55.
- Wiegart FA Surinova S, Ytsma E et al. Plant Adaptogens increase lifespan and stress resistance in C. elegans. Biogerontology 2009;10:27-42.
- Spasov AA , Wikman GK, Mandrikov VB et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen. Phytomedicine 2000;7:85-89.
The post When Life Hits You Hardest—Adapt With Ionix Supreme appeared first on Isagenix Health.